Skip Gundlach

Default Cold Machine leak in Evaporator

"When you change from R-12 to R-134a (or any other type), you will
probably need to change the oil in the compressor to a different type
as well. Why not consider holding plates while you are changing things
around? I have two holding plate fridges and one low temp holding
plate freezer. They work well with about 3 hours of generator time per
day. A large inverter with suitable battery recharge capability could
replace the generator time, as could an engine driven compressor which
is even more efficient. "

Spam Alert:

I have a complete dual (very recent 110VAC and original Techumseh
engine drive) dual (2 of them) cold plate system available after my
refit/rebuild, for only $500. That announcement has appeared here in
the past; if you're interested, drop me a line and I'll send you the
info - but to see it, go to http://tinyurl.com/cqf38 and click on
Refrigeration. You can also see the post in rec.boats.marketplace, of
9-26-05. An hour or less of running the compressor will completely
charge the cold plates; connected to shore power at the dock, the AC
unit takes over and cycles via thermostat.

L8R

Skip, rehabbing the arm so I can refit the boat and cut the cord

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain