Jim Carter

Default Cleaning Fiberglass

"Rick" wrote in message
After a beaching with Katrina and the refloating with Rita I am left with

boat with a brown scum smile on the side of the boat. The residue is from
mud mixed with oil and diesel from the sunken boats that were not so

lucky.

Question is cleaning the hull? My thoughts are open at the present time

and
am wondering if the groups experience base can help? Right now the boat

is
in the boat yard so access is fairly easy.

Is it possible to hook up the power washer to a hot water source? At my
Marina they use the pressure washer and hot water to clean the hulls of the
brown oily scum from boats that have collected the scum from transiting the
Detroit River. Works great!

Jim