Doug

Default AIS anyone ?

"Larry" wrote in message
"Doug" wrote in
ink.net:

73
Doug K7ABX

You ever work moonbounce, Doug? I used to be active as WB4THE back in the
70s with eight 12 element KLM beams with KLM power dividers and a homebrew
KW 2m linear using P-P 4CX250Bs in the plumber's special amp out of the
ARRL handbook. Worked great, better after we silver-plated the plate tank
and output plumbing. I had a great time with it.

--
Larry

Not on the ham bands. Perhaps some of the "long delayed echo" signals I
encountered on 20 meters back in the late 50s could have been moonbounce.
But since you brought up Roswell, NM, perhaps it was just a alien
transponder such as the book 2001 mentions near the beginning. The movie
version shows it with the apes around it, but doesn't explain to the
non-techie that it is a communications device.
This ought to get another way off the subject chain going...LOL

73
Doug K7ABX