Doug

Default FS SGC model SG-230 SmartTuner, Automatic Antenna Tuner

"Me" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:

All the principles are not dead. SEA is still making excellent antenna
tuners and the designers have moved on to other ventures (like AIS).

Well not exactly true, but close enough. Dick Stephens is certainly no
longer breathing. Bill Forgey is retired, and living the life of a
Country Squire in Northeastern Washington. Phil Maynard, I think, is
still at SEA, last time I chatted with him. Mark Johnson never actually
worked for SEA. but was a "Independant Design Contractor" for SEA from
it's inception. Not sure where Pete Hop is, or what he is doing these
days. I can't remember his name off hand, but one of the young, (to me
anyway) Design Engineers is a Major Player over at Icom America these
days. The best of these, all came from the old Northern Radio Company,
of Seattle, Washington. Last time I checked, Phil was able to restart
production on a few of the Marine Radio Systems at SEA, and they had a
small Service Staff working.

Me

You might want to take a look at
http://www.shinemicro.com/Gallery.htm. They
claim to be the design team behind a lot of equipment including SEA radios,
control heads and antenna tuners. They are in Port Ludlow, WA.

73
Doug K7ABX