Default how to read AIS data from encapsulated NMEA VDO sentence

wrote:
Hi all, I am a navigation software developer from Italy.

I need to understand how to read AIS data inside the "blob" contained
in VDO NMEA sentece. I have the ITU-R M.1371-1 document that should let
me understand such format. Unfortunately I really cannot understand how
to read the bits.

Someone, some times ago, posted such message:

The AIS sentences are in a strange format, encapsulated 6 bits. One
example he

You need to read IEC 61993-2, it describes how the 6bit code works.