John H

Default OT on IRAQ

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:08:11 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Backyard Renegade wrote:

" Tuuk" wrote in message ...
Harry, do you know how many thousands of lives have been saved?

Harry could care less, he is just here to deflect Jim from having to
answer Johns question which was, something like "could he note one
time when pilots were told to go and bomb innocent folks". Of course
he could not and that is what is problematic of the Democratic party
in general, they will run with any lie if they think it will help them
fool the uninformed...

The two of you together can't count to 20 without using your toes and
fingers, so tell me...how many thousands of lives have been saved by
whatever activity you are claiming saved them.

Be definitive. You asked for a specific answer; you ought to be prepared
to give one. And don't forget to offer proof of your answer.

Read the question, Harry. "Can you provide an instance where an
American soldier was told that he was to drop bombs on an undefended
village and then proceeded to do so?"

If you can't answer the question, go play mosquito somewhere else.

Neither I nor anyone else made claims of 'saving lives'. But since you
ask:
Society for Animal Welfare Opens in Baghdad With Soldiers’ Help

by Spc. Chad D. Wilkerson, 372nd MPAD

BAGHDAD, Iraq – The Coalition forces’ contributions to the nation of
Iraq are focused toward improving the lives of its citizens. In some
cases, however, the benefits are not limited only to humans.

With the help of military personnel from 1st Armored Division and V
Corps and funding from the 22nd Signal Brigade, Iraqi veterinarians
cut the grand opening ribbon at the Iraqi Society for Animal Welfare
in central Baghdad Jan 21.

The society, made up of military and civilian veterinarians and
ministry officials, was formed to address the growing need for animal
control in Baghdad.

“It is the first of its kind in the country,” said Capt. William
Sumner, arts, monuments and archives officer for the 354th Civil
Affairs Brigade, an Army Reserve unit from Riverdale, Md., part of
Task Force 1st Armored Division. “The society will provide services
similar to our Humane Society in the U.S.”

Sumner said the studies of Iraq’s canine population revealed startling
results. Because one litter of pups can multiply into 69,000 dogs
within one year, the dog population in Iraq could cause problems on a
national scale if left unchecked.

“Diseases like leishmaniasis and rabies are problems related to dogs
and pose a real threat to Iraqis,” said Sumner. “Our organization will
be able to begin addressing these kinds of animal issues.”

The Iraqi Society for Animal Welfare will aid in providing solutions
to problems like canine overpopulation and disease control. It will
also provide adoption and spay and neuter programs, he said.

Until recently, cultural taboos involving animal care in Iraq
restricted progress and awareness. Dr. Farah Murrani, assistant
director of Baghdad Zoo and director of the Iraqi Society for Animal
Welfare, is an English-speaking Iraqi veterinarian who joined the zoo
staff last spring and acted as a liaison between Iraqi zoo workers,
U.S. Army veterinarians and civil affairs Soldiers.

Murrani’s willingness to touch and treat “unclean” animals, and her
heartfelt desire to aid her country, made her a prime candidate to
lead this new animal care center, Sumner said.

“I am a veterinarian, so I am doing what I know how to do in order to
help the people of Iraq and aid the reconstruction,” said Murrani.

Sumner, whose experience with zoo planning and operations allowed him
to play an important role in the establishment of the new animal
welfare organization, said the society’s formation is a first step
toward a safer and animal-friendly country.

“This is the first step in establishing an animal control program here
in Baghdad. We hope it will extend throughout Iraq,” said Sumner. “The
society is designed not only to help prevent animal cruelty, but to
raise the overall awareness of the public for animals in Baghdad.”

Now go buzz somewhere else.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!