R.W. Behan

Default Charts of Inside Passage

John--

We made the trip last summer, from early May until early August. A lifetime
adventure.

We had backup paper charts, which is not a bad idea, but also a second,
backup laptop with the electronic charts installed there, too. (Maptech
system.) As it turned out, we didn't have to rely on either backup--but I'd
heartily recommend either redundant computers or backup paper, one or the
other (if not both!)

We attended Don and Reann Douglass' Inside Passage Seminar in Anacortes,
Washington last spring. Well worth the time and money. And their
guidebooks are indispensable. We had Waggoner's along, too, which is very
good but ends at Prince Rupert.

Best wishes for a fine trip.

Dick Behan
M/V "Annie"

"johnhh" wrote in message
. ..
I am planning a trip up the inside passage to Alaska next summer. My
primary navigation will be electronic, but I need paper as backup. There
must be lots of folks who have made this trip and don't need their paper
charts anymore. Any idea where I can find used ones?

thanks
John