Peter Wiley

Default Australian David Hicks FYI

In article . com, Joe
wrote:

Lets try again OZ

Summary**************

John Howard "satisfied -proper justice."

So what? I'm pretty right wing but I didn't subordinate my critical
thought processes to my elected govt leader as you've done. Howard can
think what he likes, the majority of the Aust people disagree with him,
and we're not real impressed with the USA either. You violate your own
ethics and basic principles and don't even realise you're doing it. The
founding fathers who wrote your constitution would start another
revolution if they saw what executive govt is getting away with today.
Detention without trial is ANATHEMA to a civilised soociety. You're as
bad as the pre-revolution corrupt French regimes.

Hicks captured in Afghanistan fighting with the Taliban against
U.S.-led forces

He's Islam , fought in Kosovo, trained with al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Getting a trail.

Getting a military tribunal. Not the same thing.

PDW