Robert or Karen Swarts

Default Foam-filled mast

Primary reason is that it increases righting moment in the event of a
capsize. I suppose it might also keep the mast from sinking in case of a
demasting.

Might make the mast marginally stronger if completely filled.

I also misspoke in this area in that what I was envisioning was plugging the
mast with foam rather than completely filling it.

BS

"Bowgus" wrote in message
I give up ... why would anyone fill a mast with "foam"?

"Robert or Karen Swarts" wrote in message
Assuming one makes provision to access and mechanical or electrical
components within the mast, are there any compelling reasons NOT to foam
fill the mast?

Bob Swarts