Harry Krause

Default O.T. More interesting stuff

RGrew176 wrote:

IN THE PAST decade, the AFL-CIO has lobbied Congress on three major issues
of any importance to union members:

(1) Oppose the North American Free Trade Agreement;
(2) Oppose permanent normal trade relations with China;
(3) Support drilling for oil in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

That's correct, and not only that, in two of the three cases you cite,
in my opinion, the AFL-CIO was on the side of the angels: opposition to
NAFTA and opposition to full permanent trade relations with the PRC. On
the other hand, I do understand why the AFL supported the oil drilling
measures.

The beauty of the Democratic side of the spectrum is that we Democrats
agree on some issues, and disagree on others, but we don't hold go off
the deep end into the Democratic version of the krazy konservatism that
has the Republican Party in such a visegrip.