Brian Whatcott

Default 6v53 fuel burn rate

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:24:33 GMT, "Don"
wrote:

Thanks Brian. I was expecting a much lower fuel consumpiton figure than
either what you or Steve calculated. More in the range of what Wayne gave me
here

"If you cut your speed back to no more than about 1.1 x SQRT(LWL), about 7
kts, you can probably get your consumption well below 1 gph. I have a 30
ton 49 footer with twin 671s. At 1000 RPM we get 7 kts at about .7 gph, at
1300 RPM 8.5 kts at 1 gph."

Don

If using 100 HP takes 7 gal/hr, then 0.7 gal/hr means you throttle
down to 10 HP tops. Nothing magic there. And yes I know, it is
pleasant to dream that if you held your mouth just right, you could be
at the helm of a mighty sea boat again! My dreams tend to focus on
airplanes these days - the only toy I do not presently own but do
covet.

Brian W