Brian Nystrom

Default Werner doesn't stand behind its paddles.

Michael Daly wrote:
On 7-Oct-2005, No Spam wrote:

I think rather than paint I would sand lightly (very lightly - wet) and
lay on a thin coat of epoxy. Remember though that this offers no UV
protection.

If you can find it, you could use an epoxy gelcoat. That would provide
UV protection. Otherwise, a good quality vinylester gelcoat - also
very hard to find. Most gelcoats are generic polyester and are not
very good quality - spar varnish would be much better than a cheap
gelcoat.

You could also consider an epoxy paint - available at marine shops.
The quality of epoxy with UV protection. It might be hard to find a
small (one cup) size of this paint - the smallest I've seen are
one pint and that's an expensive and wasteful option unless you're
painting other stuff too.

While these solutions will work, they're all rather expensive and
difficult to apply well. You can get a spray can of clear coat in the
automotive or paint department of Walmart or any auto parts store. It
will be durable, UV resistant, easy to apply and inexpensive. You can
also find the 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper needed for the job there, too.