Steve Cramer

Default DaggerAnimas

Maria Teresa Chupacabra wrote:

"Steve Cramer" wrote in message

The fact that Dagger's site lists it among the whitewater kayaks didn't
suggest anything to you?

In retrospect only. I navigated directly from Google to the product page at
http://dagger.com/product.asp?BoatTy...C&BoatID= 257.
That little tab at the top that says "Whitewater" is orange on red, a
minimally visible combination, and I saw it after the fact. Not an excuse,
but a reason.

I can understand that you and your friend are upset, but it's the
salesman's fault for misleading you, not Dagger's

As I said, I think the classification of the watercraft is less prominently
displayed than it could have been. This plus the salesman's obvious lack of
knowledge of the craft contributed to my being misled. I'm sure Dagger
appreciates your pro bono defense of them. Yes, it's all my fault, as I
acknowledged in a different post. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
I don't know how many more people want to chime in and castigate me, but
have at it, I don't much care. You'll indulge my reluctance not to post my
GPS coordinates so you all can't come over, line up and spank me.

As I said, the boat's for sale and the (different shop) proprietor /
salesman is pretty confident he'll be able to sell it for me on consignment.
In fact, I think he has a buyer in mind, someone who knows what he wants and
wants a boat that does uncommanded donuts in the hands of a beginner but
will do exactly what an expert wants. And another boat, a FLA****er rental
veteran with lots of miles left on it, has my name on it for about the same
price. So everything is status quo ante except that I've revealed my
ignorance for all of you to point out, and some of you have had a chance to
display your blindingly superior knowledge of this discipline. I imagine
you were never beginners and of course you don't make mistakes.

Me, I'll be more careful whom I trust. Thanks to those who offered to
answer my questions on here. I hooked up with a fellow in real life who's
as kind and knowledgeable as most of you have proven to be. Kind AND
knowledgeable. A nice combination, and not universal attributes. Right,
Steve?

Whoo, touchy, aren't we? Perhaps you have gotten a lot of feedback you
didn't want, but such is the nature of usenet. I was merely commenting
on your blaming Dagger for the mistake. There's nothing about the Dagger
site that's misleading. Mea culpa doesn't work if you continue to blame
other people unfairly. Ask your local priest.

You might want to actually look at URLs before you click on them.
http://dagger.com/product.asp?BoatTy...C&BoatID= 257.
^^^^^^^
But you don't want any more advice from me, do you?

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA