kar

Default gel coat crazing

Hi,

I was given a composite kayak that was a little dull so I sanded with 1200
wet'n'dry and compound polish. On closer inspection the bottom is riddled
with gelcoat crazing and I know that it's been stored outside upside down
for over a year before I got it.

The kayak buffed up lovely but I'm concern that this crazing will cause the
hull to rot away (I want a few years out of it!).

The hull seems sound and waterproof and what to know is this crazing a cause
for concern. The kayak is a kevlar lightweight that is now stored indoors
will polish/wax help stop water getting in the crazing?

Painting with correct paint seems expensive and the crazing is to much to
cover with duct tape.

Thanks for any info

Cheers