Courtney

Default DaggerAnimas

It was designed as a whitewater boat and was popular about 10 or 11 years
ago. It's definitely not a flat water boat. I would call the person back
that you bought it from and have a few words with him. If he's decent he
should take the boat back and sell you a recreational boat. If you're not
sure about the boats they have but are interested in a few there, just write
us back here and we'll give you input.

Courtney

"Roger Houston" wrote in message
I persuaded my friend to buy a used Dagger Animas as a first boat. I had
read reviews that it was a great first boat. The guy at the counter of

the
store whose owner put it in stock for sale said that it was not for
whitewater, and not for sea kayaking, but great for everything in between.

We took it out today where a river feeds into a lake, still a bit of
current, and some wind. The boat just spins on its center of rotation and
is very difficult to control as to direction of travel. She'd be paddling
(an experienced canoeist new to kayaks), and it would yaw right and left,
and when she finally got going it would suddenly switch ends, doing an
uncommanded 180 degree turn. It caused her no end of frustration, and in
the end, I had to tow her back to where we put in. The boat at the end of

toe line was as undisciplined as had been the case when paddled freely,
yawing and yanking at the tow line.

I must say I am disappointed, and the beginner is discouraged. I've got

find her another used boat.

For what purpose is the Animas actually designed. Or was it designed at
all, vs being put together to look cool?