K. Smith

Default And the Bush lies just keep on coming

basskisser wrote:
As if we needed more FACTUAL proof that Bush is nothing short of a
lying simpleton:

Mother Nature, The Hate Crime
More than 60 world-class scientists agree: BushCo just really, really
loathes this planet

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist
Friday, February 27, 2004

Today's question: What do you get when more than 60 of the world's top
scientists,

All feeding at the taxpayers' trough.

20 Nobel Laureates among them, get together and write one
of the most scathing, damning reports in the history of modern
science, aimed squarely at BushCo's thoroughly atrocious record of
cover-ups and obfuscations and outright lies regarding the health of
the planet?

Gee a political difference of opinion dressed up as science??? Oh well
I guess they know whats best, after all they told us in the 60s the
world would starve by the 80s, got lots of grants & BS claiming "proof"
of that to.

What do you get when those very scientists, a highly respected,

By who??? Other tax bludgers & simpletons like you & Harry?? come on
they're a joke.

nonpartisan group called the Union of Concerned Scientists,

What rec boats has a comedy hour now?? non partisan "union"" a hoot K I
thought you were serious & yes that was a good one hahahaha:-)

go on to
claim that no other president in modern history has so openly misled
the public

No one has misled anyone, not a sole, merely has presented the counter
views.

or been so flagrantly disrespectful of scientific fact

Hey you're a funny bugger asskisser after all, "fact" what "fact" global
warming?? it's BS & nothing more no more so than the earth has done many
times before.

and
mountains of irrefutable research, deliberately and systematically
mutilating scientific data in the service of its rather brutal,
pro-corporate, antienvironment agenda?

OK so look out Robin Williams you've arrived!!!! So other scientists
have different views that's all & like most fortune tellers the future
is easy to predict because when it arrives these tax payer funded
bludgers are hopefully dead, the sooner the better!!!

If you answered, "Why, you get even more painful polyps of sadness and
disgust on your soul due to the BushCo onslaught," consider yourself
among the millions who are right now rather horrified and appalled and
who are wondering just what sort of human -- not what sort of
politician, mind you, not what sort of power broker, not what sort of
failed Texas oilman corporate lackey -- but what sort of human being
you have to be to enact such insidious ongoing planet-gouging
legislation, smirking and shrugging all the way.

Certainly nonpartisan comment here & he's more successful in life than
all of them stacked on top of each other, (which they often a-))

Let's see made it in business more so than anyone here, was elected the
leader of the free world by the US population, saved the US & western
world from terrorism, is about to save us from economic meltdown once
he's re-elected & takes the axe to you, jps & harry all bludgers on the
public purse!!

It is not an easy one to answer, as you can only wonder what has gone
so horribly wrong, what sort of line has been crossed so that not even
the basic dignity of the planet, not even a modicum of respect for it,
is the slightest factor anymore in modern American right-wing
politics. What, too extreme? Hardly.

A joke a fat joke

The story about the scientist's report is here. It was broadcast over
many major media channels, somewhat loud and mostly clear, though most
media was far more eager to bury it under all those more hotly
controversial pics of happy gay people smooching on the steps of
S.F.'s city hall than they were to trumpet the dire claims of a bunch
of boring genius scientists.

Such is the national priority. After all, no one wants to hear how
badly we've been duped by this administration, again. Given the
nonexistent WMDs and the complete lack of Iraqi nukes and the bogus
wars and manufactured fear and a galling budget deficit and nearly 3
million lost jobs and a raft of BushCo lies so thick you need a
jackhammer to see some light, no one wants to know that even the
world's top scientists are disgusted with our nation's leadership.

We can, after all, take only so much abuse, can be only so karmically
and ideologically hammered, before we become so utterly exhausted that
we just stop caring.

And, in fact, BushCo would love nothing more than to cripple our
outrage and deflect attention away from all the dead U.S. soldiers in
Iraq and his overall atrocious record on the war, jobs, the
environment and foreign policy, and center it all on divisive issues
of God-centric moral righteousness, like all those sicko gay people
trying to dignify their sinful love.

This is a president, after all, who truly believes he is doing God's
will by turning this country into the most lawless, internationally
loathed aggressor on the planet, something I'm sure is very reassuring
to those countless thousands of dead Iraqi civilians.

Does it really matter anymore? After all, as any child can tell you,
politics has always been a wildly corrupt and slimy profession, valued
somewhere between professional wrestler and professional baby-seal
clubber on the moral and spiritual scale o' delicious karmic
significance.

And, yes, it must be noted that there isn't a U.S. president on record
who hasn't somehow deliberately mangled scientific data and covered up
important reports during his term in order to further favored
policies. Goes almost without saying.

But, as the Union of Concerned Scientists point out, never has the
oppression of fact been so systematic, so widespread, so repulsive as
that which Bush has wrought. Never has the abuse been so flagrant, the
border marking what's morally acceptable so shamelessly crossed.

Maybe you don't believe the hippie environmentalists who are always
spouting off about saving the whales and protecting the forests. Maybe
you like to hiss at and dismiss, say, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s
outstanding, powerfully researched articles in the recent issue of
Rolling Stone and the latest issue of The Nation that carefully
delineate just how Bush's enviro record is the worst in history, and
call Kennedy just another typical left-wing liberal. You wish to be
that small and boorish? Fine.

Not so easy, however, to dismiss a small army of nonpartisan,
internationally respected scientists as just more agenda-thick
political BS, as BushCo has done. To do so reeks of something far
beyond mere name calling and dumb party maneuvering. It reeks of sheer
heartlessness regarding the planet. It reeks of abuse. It reeks of
hate.

This, then, is the gist of the BushCo attack on the planet: a hate
crime. An intentional, ferocious dismantling of protections and
guidelines, a view that Mother Nature is nothing but a cheap resource
to be exploited, a giant oil can to be suckled, a hunk of toilet paper
for Dick Cheney to -- well, let's not imagine.

Look at it this way. It's like music videos. Over and over again,
endless droning shots of gyrating sweating booty-pumping faux-sexy
bodies pretending to writhe in bogus orgasmic bliss, video after video
and hour after hour where you watch and watch and go slowly numb and
say, Jesus with a skimpy thong and a spray bottle of baby oil, how
much further can they go?

How much more naked and sexist and overblown and abusive can they get
before they say oh screw it and just strip down and have sex with a
live chicken as 50 Cent downs a bottle of Crystal and grins
maniacally?

This is like the saturation level of BushCo. Something's gotta give,
you say. Surely some sort of ugly orgiastic critical mass has been
reached wherein Bush and his planet-reaming policies simply cannot go
any further without some sort of meltdown, some sort of massive
international cosmic recoil whereby we finally see the Bush admin for
what it is, quite possibly the most self-serving, egomaniacal cluster
of enviro thugs in modern history.

But with the Union of Concerned Scientists report, this sentiment goes
one step further -- this is not just hate for the planet, not merely a
blatant right-wing revulsion for those much-loathed intangible New
Age-y touchstones like earthly vibration, energy, true spiritual
connection and a deep veneration and sense of profound awe for the raw
divinity of nature.

This is more sinister, and more disturbing. BushCo's ugly rejection of
not merely the "liberal" environmental politicking but also of the
factual science of the natural world is, ultimately, a form of
self-loathing.

It is a snide and self-destructive rejection of the human-nature
connection, of the very real and very direct correlation between how
we treat our world and how we view ourselves, between what we choose
to celebrate/annihilate in nature and what we venerate/devastate in
own spirits. After all, the less regard you have for one, the less you
care about the other. Simple, really.

Look. We reflect the planet. The planet reflects us. And 60 out of 60
scientists agree: BushCo's time of reflecting nothing but cruel
blackness and abuse needs to come to an end, right now

what absolute crap just more lies from the union left.

I do like the way harry has created a new person mad dog dave, he meets
him then hey the new person says harry is real, a lie person to support
the NG liar sick & certainly a dangerous puppy!!!