Larry

Default Laptop trips GFI

"johnhh" wrote in
:

I am of the belief that there is really nothing wrong with anything.
Larry's induced current theory sounds reasonable. These chargers have
a very large capacitance that take a second or so to charge up. I
believe it has to do with that charging somehow.

I'm also leaning, because it trips a GFI it's not connected to, that the
switcher is sending lots of RF noise back up the power line. Take a small
portable AM radio and put it near the power supply. Tune up and down the
band and listen for "hash" when the supply is plugged in. The hash fed
back into the GFI may also be what's tripping it...and the other one.
Terrible designs do make it to market from China.

--
Larry