johnhh

Default Laptop trips GFI

Good idea, I'll try that.

"Larry" wrote in message
If it has 3-wire grounded plug on it, plug it into a ground buster and see
if it stops. The input filters on some of the switching supplies allows
enough AC to ground pin to trip them. I've had some ground loops trip
mine
here at home from certain printers plugged into the outlets on other
circuits than what the computer is plugged into.

"johnhh" wrote in
:

All of my 110 outlets on the boat are protected through GFI. Whenever
I plug my laptop charger in or turn on the computer with it plugged
in, it trips the GFI. If I reset it a time or two or three, it will
hold and work fine until the next time. Interestingly, it will even
trip the GFI on a parallel circuit. I am guessing that it has
something to do with the large capacitor in the charging unit charging
up. Does anyone have an explanation and/or solution?

thanks
john

--
Larry