Default Newbie Question: 40' Performance Cruiser question (including powerplant)

Can someone explain to me why many people who buy a boat are always in such
a damned hurry to "get there"?

I think how awful it is every time I see some nice trawler in the ICW
plowing up a big bow wave it shouldn't have as its owner has his twin 300hp
diesels just cranked up hard. Fast Trawler? Isn't that an oxymoron??

Larry, aren't you the guy who used to enjoy zipping around Charleston
Harbor in your 50 mph jet boat? Fun, right?

And sometimes you just need to get somewhere...