Jere Lull

Default Stowing Dinghy on Pacific Seacraft 34

In article ,
"johnhh" wrote:

How do the 8 and 10 foot models rate? 12' would be a little large for me.

About the only difference between the various Portaboats is weight and
carrying capability. Folded, they all are the same dimensions, except
that the 12 is two or 4 feet longer, which makes no difference to us.

Our 12 tends to become the raft-up taxi since 5 real adults can be
comfortable in it. I also believe the 12 may plane a little earlier and
have a higher top-end. BTW, they DO have a maximum speed: If the sides
start flapping, slow down. That's at somewhat over 15 knots, which
should be fast enough for most.

Most of the Portabotes on the Bay seem to be rowed about. For the short
distances within anchorages, it's faster to row than put the motor on.
They DO row easily.

--
Jere Lull