Harlan Lachman

Default Powerboat certification

In article ,
"Patrick" wrote:

There a few options of which I'm aware but I can't speak to their quality.
Power Squadron: http://www.usps.org/
US Sailing Powerboat Program:
http://www.ussailing.org/training/powerboat/index.htm

I am confused what you are looking for. Are you seeking a license for
commercial trade? Are you seeking safety certification that some states
require? Are you seeking an insurance discount.

I have taken the VT safety course and it is not painful (VT's like many
states is based on the same format and manual).

I have taken Power Squadron's ten session basic course and it has saved
my life at least twice and saved hundreds of dollars off boating
insurance.

I have not tried for a masters or commercial license.

Harlan