Larry

Default Best small sb

"Whistledown" wrote in
oups.com:

I haven't sailed a Mac 26 but I can tell you that no boat comes under
greater derision. Many sailors have an almost pathological dislike for
the boat. Again, I haven't sailed one so I don't know how justified
the mockery is-- just givng you the scoop.

I find the less wood they have on them, making them a pain in the ass to
sand and paint...continuously it seems...the more derision they get. Wood
trimmed boats are pretty....unless you work all week and want to go SAILING
on weekends, not working your ass off in the "dockside wood shop" all
weekend.

Maybe the woodie boys make these derisive remarks out of jealously as the
boys with the cheap boats are always casting off lines and going
SAILING....when they are buzzing up and down those beautiful wood parts
with their little sanders all covered in last month's varnish powder...(c;

--
Larry

Tell your buddy to buy a simple sailboat with AS LITTLE WOODEN PARTS AS
POSSIBLE!!

God I hate sanding......almost as much as LAWN MOWING!