johnhh

Default Stowing Dinghy on Pacific Seacraft 34

http://www.porta-bote.com/prices.html

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
I like the idea of the http://www.porta-bote.com/
However, unless I am not looking at the right place I have to go trough a
firewall to know the price. I went to their site and click on FREE
InfoPrice/Pak. No pricing were available. Instead I was presented with a
form. I had to fill a request form. I could be missing something here? I
do not like to fill forms to know the purchasing price. Maybe some of the
readers can tell us the purchasing price.

"Larry" wrote in message
"db9" wrote in
oups.com:

I want to purchase a dinghy that can be stowed on the deck of a Pacific
Seacraft 34. Can anyone recommend a dinghy type and size? I am
concerned especially about the stowed dinghy interfering with the inner
forestay and staysail deployment.

Regards,
David B.

No sense getting wet every time you go ashore. Get the 12' Portabote:
http://www.porta-bote.com/
A 5hp 4 stroke Nissan will PLANE it with 2 aboard. The ride is, unlike
an
inflatable, DRY, not splashing over the tubes in a little waves.

Underway,
it's a virtual tri-hull V and very smooth and stable.

On the Seacraft, just haul it up the mast over the handrail with your
halyard and mast winch by its bow, hanging it vertically against the mast
while you take out the seats and stern that hold it apart. Then fold it
flat and simply walk it aft down the rail as you pay out the halyard and
strap it to the rail. It becomes a nice spray deflector at sea only 4"
thick and doesn't occupy any deck space.

Deployment takes 10 minutes after a little practice. Taking it apart
even
less. Cap'n bought it because we all got drowned going ashore in the
inflatable from the anchorage in Key West. It's more trouble putting the
outboard on it than it is assembling it for use. It has oars and locks
if
you wish to get a little exercise...(c; For the purist, there's a cat
rig
and lateen rig to sail it.

--
Larry