Default How to Repair the Bottom of a 1,000-lb Boat?

Go to http://www.westsystem.com/ hit the "PROJECTS" tab,
then select "TENACIOUS, a look back" Scroll down about
2/3rds of the way to see the scheme used for this tall
ship (and for submarines).

That big boat-roller is beyond me. I think I will just settle with
fixing the hull in place or just avoid those old boats that have a lot
of damages in the bottom of the hull.

On a more constructive note, I've seen photos (which I
can't find) of home-built rings slapped together from
plywood. One does want level ground for the turning.

I can see problem getting the boat off the trailer even with home built
rings. I think I would be more than happy just to jack the boat up a
couple feet higher. But I am better off avoiding the problem all
together by selecting boats that don't have a lot of damages in the
bottom.

Jay Chan