Pete C

Default Resin Injection into soft wood

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:28:53 -0400, "Ed Edelenbos"
wrote:

Hmmm.... I guess it must be different for working people. I've known
several boat yard operators and pile drivers who use this method (for their
own boats). Actually, the most common way is to use regular epoxy resin and
thin it with acetone to the right consistency. I know of a couple rib
repairs that are about 25 years old and still in place.

What kind of boats are these and where are they used?

The usual quick way to fix a broken rib is to 'sister' it.

cheers,
Pete.