Roger Derby

Default How to Repair the Bottom of a 1,000-lb Boat?

Go to http://www.westsystem.com/ hit the "PROJECTS" tab, then select
"TENACIOUS, a look back" Scroll down about 2/3rds of the way to see the
scheme used for this tall ship (and for submarines).

On a more constructive note, I've seen photos (which I can't find) of
home-built rings slapped together from plywood. One does want level ground
for the turning.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering how people get access to the bottom of a boat for
repair. If the boat is light, we can simply turn it upside down. But if
the boat is around 1,000-lb, I doubt that we can turn it upside down
just by manpower. Unfortunately, in a home environment, we don't have
the heavey equipment to turn a boat upside down. How do people get
around with this problem?

Is there a way to safely and easily turn a boat upside down for
repairing the bottom of the hull using manpower and some kind of
home-made jigs?