Default Anybody tried glueing cast aluminum parts together with epoxy?

"Bill Kreamer" wrote:
Your simplest solution would be to grind a moderate bevel on the loose
piece

Actually, all the jagged edges match up perfectly and the piece fits
back together like a jig saw puzzle. Held in place, you can barely see
the seam where it fits together. I was thinking it'd be better to glue
it back just the way it is. Am I wrong for a reason I'm unaware?

get it welded to the extent possible, and then caulk the whole seam
with 5200.

In fact, I'd received that very advice at the coffee shop this
morning. Except in reverse order. Stick it together with 5200 (I was
told it's a Urethane based product) to bond and seal it, then
tack/spot weld it where possible for added strength.

Don't go hi tech

..... uh.... I dunno Bill, around here, 3M 5200 IS high tech lol!

Thanks :-)

PhantMan