Default Anybody tried glueing cast aluminum parts together with epoxy?

PhantMan wrote:
Anybody ever tried epoxy to glue cast aluminum parts back together?

dazed and confuzzed wrote:
Try www.loctite.com for more. Look at u50fl for a urethane.

Thanks. Is that a transposition? I found u05fl. Says it can be used on
metal, wood, etc.

They have several acrylate type adhesives that work well also

I went through their selection process (nice website that) and it
pointed me to Depend 330, a no mix adhesive. The tech sheet says
"Technology = Acrylic" and under that it says "Chemical Type =
Urethane methacrylate ester". Soooo.... I guess it's an Acrylate,
huh? (obviously, the tech sheet is beyond me).
Also says it's good to bond metal, wood, ferrite, etc. then goes on to
talk about bond strength of grit blasted mild steel. Didn't mention
cast aluminum but I assume it'll work on that as well.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing me there.

PhantMan