Jim Conlin

Default Resin Injection into soft wood

The trade-off between cost and longevity is a perfectly reasonable one to
consider.
My issue is with the safety of materials and methods which have not been
tested and characterized. If there isn't either long experience or good
engineering testing of a particular material, I won't use it where its
failure would endanger the innocent occupants of the boat. Putting other
souls in a situation where their safety depends on iffy materials, design or
workmanship is irresponsible.
Perhaps a Swiss bank account would be a good idea.

"William R. Watt" wrote in message

SNIP

Just so, except that I'll repeat what I've posted here before and that is
one should always chose the least cost solution which satisfies a
requirement. And that there is a tradeoff between construction cost and
maintence which depends on time and labour costs. In some cases low
maintnence is a requirment which justifies high contruction cost, in
others it isn't.

Unfortunately much of non-commercial boatbuilding is purely ostentatious
extravegance.

----
William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community

network
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm