Default How to Repair the Bottom of a 1,000-lb Boat?

I am wondering how people get access to the bottom of a boat for
repair. If the boat is light, we can simply turn it upside down. But if
the boat is around 1,000-lb, I doubt that we can turn it upside down
just by manpower. Unfortunately, in a home environment, we don't have
the heavey equipment to turn a boat upside down. How do people get
around with this problem?

Is there a way to safely and easily turn a boat upside down for
repairing the bottom of the hull using manpower and some kind of
home-made jigs?

Can we repair the bottom of the boat while the boat is still on the
trailer? This is probably OK for a small area. But what's about the
damage area is large?

I am trying to figure out what I can and cannot do with a boat that has
large damage on the bottom of the hull. If this is not possible to
repair the bottom of the hull in a home environment, I will have to
stay clear of boats that have large damage in the bottom.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan