Default Hey Peggie / Group - LactraSan question

Whoa! I didn't realize the list of NDZ's was so extensive... On boats
equipped with LactraSan, is it SOP to also install a holding tank with
'Y' valve? That is, when in the marina or less than 3 miles offshore
(I'm in SoCal) one directs the outflow from the LactraSan (via the 'Y'
valve) into the tank, and when greater than 3 miles offshore, the valve
is switched to overboard discharge?

May I assume that - in the process of 'processing' - the LectraSan
removes / minimizes the odors associated with products presented to it?
In other words, if one has the 'Y' valve in the 'NDZ' position
(filling the tank) are the nasties generally associated with holding
tanks minimized?

You're the best, thanks for your reply.

MW