Dave Allyn

Default useing two part "syringe type epoxy" for tacking.

On 3 Oct 2005 13:49:46 -0700, wrote:

Yeah, I've used it. Don't trust it for anything structural. I used it
for a rudder yoke on a sailing canoe and on a little fold-up dolly.
Both failed fairly quickly. I think it would be OK for joints that
don't take _ANY_ stresses, or for sealing up edges of thru-decks etc,
but I wouldn't trust it for any stressed joint.

Good to know. I had planned on useing it to eliminate the stiches.
Rather, the boat is stiched right now. I was going to spot weld next
to the stitches so they could be removed, thus letting the fillets be
one continuous bead. Guess I'll go the regular route!

thanks,
dave

email: dave-afo at mchsi dot com

please respond in this NG so others