Don White

Default Do they make good boat parts?

wrote:
Jim Carter wrote:

Here is an interesting article that I just read today. I wonder if they
make good boat parts and if they do, where can I get some.

I don't know if they make boat parts, but they sure as heck make phone
calls.

One of the biggest prison industries is telemarketing. The prisons
provide an enormous percentage of the telemarketers. That has to be
some of the worst work in the world, but given a choice between
moldering a way in the cell or getting to go down to the "call center"
for a few hours in the evening and talk to somebody in the outside
world a lot of inmates will make sales calls.

Another reason never to buy anything over the phone. You really want to
give your name, address, and credit card number to some guy doing 10
years for a home invasion robbery?

This was covered in a segment of the 'Oz' television show.
Pretty scary!