Doug Kanter

Default OT The Conservative Brain

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Great for Berkeley. However, this report was written by 4 left-wing
liberals from Berkeley's Graduate School of Education "Psychology"
Program...which ranks 45th in the nation by the way.

Ranks 45th in what way? Number of students enrolled? Percentage of
successful job placements? Did they compare it to schools whose purpose

is
equivalent? Some psych programs are primarily aimed at clinical
specializations. Others focus more on research. Who ranked Berkeley?

I pulled that number from a 2001 US News report on school rankings.
I couldn't find the original report, but here's an excerpt from Univ. of
Iowa's website (describing Iowa's Psych program):

* Psychology, doctoral program: No. 45, tying with Arizona State

University,
Duke University (department of experimental psychology), the University of
Arizona, the University of California-Berkeley (School of Education), the
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor,
the University of Oregon and the University of Pittsburgh-Main Campus

(2001
ranking). Note: This ranking is for the program within the UI College of
Liberal Arts and Sciences' department of psychology.

Oh well. I guess we can ignore this, since there's no explanation of what
the ranking means.