Default Does This Make Sense to Buy a 19-Year Old Outboard Motor?

I would like to know if this is a good idea to buy a 19 or 20 year old
outboard motor. I am planning to buy a used boat, and add a new motor
in it. But most used boats come with old motor -- not that many places
sell only the hull. I am wondering whether those old motors are any
good in general.

The one that I am looking at has a 1986 Evinrude 90HP outboard motor.
Does this specific model of old motor have a good track record?

I know I will need to ask a mechanic to take a look of the motor before
accepting the motor. But I need to know if this is a good idea before I
spend the time and money to ask a mechanic to look at the motor.

Is a "rebuilt" motor better or worse than a plain old used motor?

You see. If I should avoid old motors (given the fact that I am willing
to buy a new motor), I will concentrate on "hull only" deals, and don't
bother with boats that come with motor.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Jay Chan