Dan Krueger

Default Recommend a good watch

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:20:57 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

The GPS on Yo Ho has a clock, of course, but it's never set to the right
time of day, because I don't bother to correct it when I flip on the
battery switches

Um - wouldn't the GPS pick up the UTC time from the satellite and
convert it using the local offset you input when you first set it up?

Just curious.

That's correct. Any decent GPS will store your basic info including
your offset with, or without, normal power. I fired up my old Garmin
GPS 12 with new batteries after a long "vacation" and it still had the
basic presets in memory.

Dan