Don White

Default Recommend a good watch

Pjparty wrote:
Try the Avier Triton diver, mine keeps within a couple of seconds a day.
The luminescence on the dial markers and hands is superluminova, the
dial has this nice reflective metal finish. It has a date function,
but no chronograph function. Mine takes a lot of abuse, but it uses
ETAs 2824 movement which is very solid. Its only rated to 200 meters,
but it has a really nice display back. It retails at $695, not a big
price when you consider most swiss divers retail over $1000.

I also like the screwed links, I didn't have to go to anyone to get it
sized, I just used my eyeglass screwdriver.

Ignoramus31468 Wrote:

My old POS "titanium" (read base metal covered with 0.0001" of
titanium coating) finally died and I am NOT missing it. It was all
pitted from my sweat. Disgusting.

So, what I am looking for now is a:

1) stainless steel watch
2) luminescent dial and hands
3) with calendar, stopwatch etc
4) very water resistant
5) very abuse resistant (I do a lot of mechanical type works etc)
6) accurate
7) not too expensive. I want functionality and not prestige.

Any suggestions? I can go with analog or electronic display, I am not
too sure what is my preference.

thanks

Nothing wrong with titanium..if you buy a good quality solid titanium
block and wrist strap.
My wife paid $695.00 CDN for a Victorianox Swiss Army Titanium watch 6
years ago. I used to pit my watch & my arm from alergies (nickelitis?)
but since I got this watch...no problem.
Supposed to good for 300 feet and has the rotating bezel to keep track
of time.