DSK

Default Fuel Perks anyone?

Unfortunately, the credit card company administering the program is a
bit slow. Plus they're not particularl honest. We cancelled ours after
they played "change the due date" to try and nail us for charges about
14 months in a row. That was last year, they may have learned.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
FYI: I don't know about your state, but in CT, that is illegal. You
might want to check that out.

Well, it says right in the fine print that they have the right to change
the balance due date.

We pay our credit card(s) balance every month, so charges stand out like
a sore thumb. I never paid them a dime on their bogus charges, nor the
interest on charges after they'd dropped the bogus charges. They
threatened to "ruin my credit rating" but I said, "Does that mean the
other credit card companies will quit sending me pre-approved cards
every week?" They made one enquiry to our bank about payment, but the
advantage of living in a small town is that I know the bank officers. Ha
ha on them.

Anyway, this thread has got me thinking... we may be moving to a multi
tier system of gas pricing, such as we already have for other consumer
commodities. That may make gas at the pump increase faster than it would
otherwise, since only a percent of buyers pay it.

Regards
Doug King

DSK