*JimH*

Default Fuel Perks anyone?

" *JimH*" wrote in message

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:41:10 -0400, DSK wrote:

*JimH* wrote:

Does anyone else have a Giant Eagle grocery store by them with a "Fuel
Perks" program? If not, does any other store in your area offer a
similar
program?

It's not a grocery store, but BP/Amoco offers a Visa card that earns
free gas. This comes in the form of $20 "free gas card" that looks like
a credit card, and works just like one at BP or Amoco stations. Better
than airline miles!

Unfortunately, the credit card company administering the program is a
bit slow. Plus they're not particularl honest. We cancelled ours after
they played "change the due date" to try and nail us for charges about
14 months in a row. That was last year, they may have learned. I'm
tempted to get another of these cards, it's a nice perk (if you don't
have to pay for it by getting jerked around).

Sorry for posting through you Tom......

We have the same deal with our BP credit card......we earn free gas with
our purchases on the card....so buying at Giant Eagle with our BP credit
card is a win-win.

We pay off our credit card in full every month and regularly receive $75
in free gas every 2 months from the BP card. The $25 cards go to my wife,
son and daughter.

As I have a company car we rarely now pay for gas. ;-)

For the cars that is. The boat is another story. ;-)