Doug Kanter

Default And the winner of the most ridiculous and overpriced boat award is.............

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:35:20 GMT, "JamesgangNC"
wrote:

I think it's just a sign of a changing market. More people are interested
in a fair weather day outing. In that situation bow riders have more
usable
space. Bigger just means you can take more friends. Imho boats with
cabins
are clastrophobic in anything under about 28 ft anyway.

" *JimH*" wrote in message
..........Crownline, for building a 31.5 foot *Bowrider*!

http://www.crownline.com/models04/mo...p?id=316_ls_05

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/2.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/3.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/4.jpg

http://www.crownline.com/models05/bo...16ls/big/5.jpg

A 31.5 foot bowrider? What the hell were these folks thinking?

It seems imminently impractical, to me. I don't think it will
reasonably carry any more people that the 19 footer... unless they are
below decks... and below the aft seating area... next to or above the
engines doesn't look good. Anyway, that aft area looks dangerous for
use while under way. I think I'd be more prone to claustrophobia back
there than I would in a cuddy. 640 HP with 150 gallons of gas? About
3.5 hours of joy at $500 plus? I think I'll pass on that little
$127,000+ bundle of joy.

It's the nautical equivalent of a Lincoln Navigator, which proves once again
that P.T. Barnum was correct.