Dan J.S.

Default Solar battery chargers and batteries

I noticed these new solar battery chargers in some of the catalogs I just
received. Being that I like to shut the engine down and listen to the radio,
leave the fish finder on, and use other electronics, would putting up one of
these solar gizmos be a good idea? It supposedly has some electronics so it
doesn't over charge.

Also - since we are on the battery topic, my current battery is 3 years old,
and I do not want to take a chance for the next season. I need to buy a new
one. What marine battery brand is considered really good? I would like to go
to a local store, so they can take my old one. Are the Die Hards good? I am
not even sure if they make a marine version.

Thanks!