Doug Kanter

Default Looking for rack storage around NYC

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
Indoor storage - I had my boat in a high and dry marina in Freeport at
Al Grovers (516-546-8880). Not the sound though. It's on the south
shore which I think is nicer than the sound anyways. After 12 years, my
boat still looked new - no bottom painting, no sun faded gelcoat and
canvas, no water-line stains, no electrolisys, no annual zincs
replacements, no galvanic corrosion, no storm damage, no stolen stuff,
no need to remove electronics or tackle.
I dealt with the owner's son, Dante, who manages the marina. They
treated my boat like it was their own. If I still lived in NY, I would
still be there. One price stores your boat for 12 months Indoors! It
was cheaper than a conventional marina. No mandatory winterization or
painting like some marinas. Hotel next door. Long Island's best seafood
restaurants nearby. Easy access from the Meadowbrook Parkway.

Blue Water Yacht Club in Merrick - I've never seen boats that big in
their racks. Indoor Storage. I didn't like their mandatory
winterization and bottom painting policy.

There are also a few in Seaford, but they're outdoors and further away.

John

I agree with everything you've said, especially the nearby seafood. But,
more to the OP's requirements, what about City Island? Is that marina
territory, or not a place you'd want to park your boat unless you had
private security guards? (I haven't been there in 25 years).