Default It could happen to you.

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 19:50:32 -0700, wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 18:51:21 -0700,
wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 17:41:45 -0700,
wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
On 9 Oct 2005 12:25:42 -0700,
wrote:

JIMinFL wrote:
"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:18:54 GMT, "JIMinFL" wrote:

Bush basher kicked off plane.
http://www.wesh.com/irresistible/5066135/detail.html

Maybe she'd have been kicked off if she were wearing the same shirt with
Kerry/Edwards on it? Ever think of that?

I'll bet she would have, but it wouldn't happen. Trash talk is a liberal
Democrat thing.

It's easy enough to see evidence of that in this NG. All the right
wingers are so polite, well mannered, unconfrontational. None of them
would ever troll a thread like this through a boating NG, just to get
his/her rocks off on dissing
a "Bush Basher"......

I think none of the conservatives were as crude as your comment above. But,
you've had some good examples with another name caller in the group.

--

You think none of the conservatives would ever troll a thread like this
through a boating NG, just to get his/her rocks off by dissing "Bush

ROTFLAMO

I would just *swear* that is exactly what happened here. :-)

But then again I could be wrong, as one of the polite, well-mannered,
non-trash talking conservatives responded to my comments (that included
an opinion that the woman was "wrong" to wear that shirt) with a charge
that I'm morally deficient.
Probably too morally deficient to recognize a polite, constructive,
conciliatory
post when I see one.

Oddball set of standards you guys use over there in Rightieville.

Most folks were discussing the wording on the gal's T-shirt, Chuck, not 'getting
their rocks off'. You're quickly approaching the Harry/Kevin modus operandi.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan

Excellent technique, John. When you can't counter the basic argument,
object to the verbiage used in a single phrase. Conclude with a
derogatory personal comment.
Of course, this hasn't been effective in a couple of thousand years of
debating issues- but any port in a storm, I suppose.

My original post to you was about your choice of verbiage in your single phrase.
Why do you consider a persons disapproval of a 'F...er' T-shirt 'right
wingers...getting their rocks off'? Do you not think there are some left wing
moms and dads who would find that shirt offensive?

Sounds a little crude to me.

--
John H

The shirt was very crude and offensive.

Follow the thread, please.

First post: A known right-winger describing the problem as one of "Bush
Bashing."

A following post: Same right-winger comments that "trash talk" is the
sole domain of liberals.

The intent of the OP was not to complain about the language on the
shirt, but to gloat that a "Bush basher" had been kicked off a plane.

Throwing out the 'right wingers...getting their rocks off' was also crude and
offensive.

I know you have better means to get your point across than falling into the same
pattern as some of the other 'characters' here.

--
John H

Every time we cruise to up to Port Townsend, my wife picks up a chunk
of granite or two from a beach up there. Souveniers, if you will. First
thing we do when we get back to the dock in Seattle and begin unloading
he boat is to get those rocks off. How could that be offensive? :-)