Starbuck's Words of Wisdom

Default It could happen to you.

As bad as it is, it is still the safest mode of transportation.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Been on a plane lately? Many airlines have cut back on their schedules
and have every set on every plane pretty much packed or even oversold. On
each leg of our flights to and from Hawai'i, passengers were asked if
they would be willing to give up their seats for a "bonus," and then take
a later flight. And the planes are configurated to pack as many of them
on as possible. We were on an Airbus 320 for much of the way out to the
islands, and it was just plain miserable in terms of passenger room.

We packed our own food for the trip out to Hawai'i. Two homemade
sandwiches each, fresh fruit, cookies, and an assortment of drinks, all
packed into a portable softside cooler that stashed in the overhead. The
airline was selling nondescript sandwiches for $5 each, and they didn't
look all that good.

It would be nice if the airlines concentrated on being decent quality
service industries, instead of worrying about the shirts their passengers
wear.

No debate there. I haven't flow commercially in over three years and,
unless it was an emergency and I had no other choice, I don't ever intend
to fly commercially again. It's not just the lousy seats and service. I
don't trust the planes and the people that operate and maintain them, even
though I realize that US based airlines have an excellent safety record.

Pilots don't "fly" a modern airplane. They manage the flight plan and
automated cockpit operations.

Mrs. E has no problem hopping on a plane to fly to Florida. I either
drive or don't go.

Or take a boat.

Eisboch