John

Default Fishfinders - 3D or not 3D, that is the question.

If you're still on the fence about 2D or 3D, this may help.

Since you're using your fishfinder for fishing a 3D unit may be of use
to you. Consider what kind of fish you are targeting. If these fish
seek bottom structure, then 3D may be of value to you.

Trade in features you don't use for a better quality unit. Look at your
current unit and figure what features you use and don't use.Dual
frequency is a handy feature. Your X65 is a single frequency unit, 192
khz I think. Bottom zoom is a seldom used feature.

If you're working with a budget consider buying a better quality 2D
unit instead of a lesser quality, but similarly price 3D unit.

If you're looking for another Lowrance, I do not believe that they make
a 3D unit. Humminbird's Matrix 47 (
http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=492 ) sells for less than
$500. Their new 900 series 947C (
http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=510 ) , which is color and
has a built in chart plotter, goes for about to $1600. We usually can
beat their prices and we ship to Europe. Let me know if you want exact
prices.

John
Retail4Wholesale.com