thunder

Default Dems Fail to Get It UP

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:03:43 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:52:53 -0700, jps wrote:

Wasn't Earl Warren a governor or something?

California - 1943 to 1953. The interesting thing about Earl Warren was
that he was an unabashed liberal Republican (long before it became
fashionable with Edmond Burke or Lincoln Chafee, et. al.,), but it would
appear that Eisenhower either wasn't aware of his liberalism or didn't
care.

I'm not sure. Eisenhower has been quoted as saying about the Warren
appointment, "was the biggest damned fool mistake I've ever made in my
life."