Eisboch

Default Coming To A Boat Near You?

thunder wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:05:33 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

I will be the first to admit that my opinion is strictly based on my own
experiences over 50 some years of owning and operating boats - then

again,
sometimes that's all we have to go by.

That's enough. Look, safety devices are great ideas, I'm all for using
them. I just question the law part of it. I'm always amazed when I drive
through Connecticut, how many bikers don't wear helmets. I'm always
thinking dumbass, but it is their life, not mine.

I ride and I personally don't like wearing a helmet. I've heard all the
arguments and statistics from both sides of the fence - that helmets have
little or no effect on motorcycle fatalites to how helmets save thousands of
lives. Either way, I still don't like 'em, but wear one when required. In
MA they are required. Contrary to popular belief, Florida *does* have a
helmet law but you are permitted to ride without one if you carry proof that
you have personal medical insurance.

Eisboch