NOYB

Default 90 hp johnson outboard

"ed" wrote in message
ps.com...
BRP stands for Bombardier Recreational Products and it offers Evinrude
and Johnson outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, ATVs and
sport boats. It is NOT an affiliate of Learjet, thatīs a different
Bombardier from which BRP was spun off (sold to a group of investors).

Parts are readily available for current generation Johnson outboards,
older engines can be a parts problem, especially clutch dogs and
gearsets. It depends on the age of the engine. Note Mercury Marine
markets some repair parts for older Evinrude and Johnson. So does
Sierra.

The currrent Johnson 90 is a conventional two-stroke with a carburetor.
It smokes. Itīs noisy. Its fuel economy is not so great compared to
state of the art outboards.
http://www.johnson.com/docs/200002/0_US.htm

The Evinrude 90 ETEC is direct injected, requires no break-in, no
initial maintenance for its first 100 hours and it winterizes at the
touch of a button. It also gets about 30 percent better fuel economy.
Its warranty term runs one year longer.
http://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/Engine.../90.IN-LINE.3/

When it's time to repower my 17' Whaler, I'll be looking at the E-tecs to
replace the current Johnson 90hp. It's just that those Johnson 90's are so
damn reliable...and when and if they break, they're easy and cheap to fix.

As for Suzuki four strokes, in my experience they survive as well as
any outboard in sal****er. the real question is whether you want a DI
or four-stroke.

editor
http://www.marineenginedigest.com