NOYB

Default 90 hp johnson outboard

wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 02:26:47 GMT, Charlie Brown
wrote:

I'm considering a boat with a 90hp Johnson outboard. How long has
this company been out of business? A lot of used boats seem to have
Johnson/Evinrude motors. Are parts readily available?

I would avoid the Suzuki/OMCs 4 strokes like the plague. There were 3
new ones in my neighborhood 4 years ago and they are all dead now.
Salt water kills them.

Nonsense. I have a Suzuki 250 four-stroke with 275 hours on it, and my
brother has a Suzuki 140 four-stroke that is a little over 3 years old, and
neither has had a single problem, nor been to the shop a single time for a
non-maintenance repair.

Ask Gene about his Suzuki four-strokes...since he's owned his a little
longer than I. Unless your neighbors were failing to change their anodes as
required, there is no reason that those motors should have a problem.