thunder

Default Coming To A Boat Near You?

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:28:06 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

This summer, we had the perfect case on the Connecticut River - guys
heading back in a 18 foot Aquasport, operator drunk on his ass and ran
right into the #33 can right below Portland Bridge. All thrown out of the
boat, two unconscious, one saved by buddy holding him out of the water
until one of the residents along the river got to them, other guy drowned.

I'd point out, that in this case, and the case of the two young ladies
drowning, you've cited drinking as a contributing cause. I respectfully
submit, that is already against the law. What makes you think a law
requiring wearing PFDs is any more enforceable?

I'll agree trying to keep people alive is an admirable task, but I'm an
adult. I don't want my Uncle, as in Sam, to become my Daddy. Geez, these
nitwits can't do what they were hired to do, why would you want to give
them anymore power over your life?